Thursday, April 28, 2005

Complicity of Human Nature

I saw these lines when I reached home from work and I found it is quite solid from what the writer said. The writer is my housemate who is a legal student. Yi Jing is her name and she had no idea while I was typing this. Quite agree with her view that we are all either performer or audience. So here are the lines of human’s life….

Complicity of Human Nature

I would say that one of the wow-est creations of god is our brain, besides human as a whole. There are billion of tiny little neurons in the brain that help us to think. The information receive through other external organs was being sent through some awesome liquid in the brain called M-something. It must be noted that the data was being communicated through this liquid, the neurons itself never touch each other to get the information. If they happened to be bumped together, you are going to be insane. Thus, basically brain is the faculty of thinking. That is to say it is the master of the human body and behavior.

As interesting as the neurons, human try to master over the institute of thoughts. Though brain is the master of all, it often comes to a decision with the assistant of heart. If we say that brain is a very subjective faculty, then I would say that heart is a very emotional thing. However, let’s look at their actual God-given function, i.e:-

Brain - to think, but not to function nor pro-long the other faculties.
Heart - not to think, but to support other body part as a whole.

That is to say, once the heart stop pumping, the brain stops to think. Does this statement overturn the rule that brain is the master of the mind? It ought to be so, I supposed. That’s why there come a term called “soft-hearted”. Once the heart ‘felt’ it, if signals the brain to think the other way round. Or perhaps, if brain is the YDPA, heart would be the PM.

Having said so, it is obvious that human nature as a whole is as complicated as the neurons, and arteries. Maybe if was caused by these funny things, we should be in part with them. There were times where we do things that are contrary to other thoughts. Implying that the heart and the brain do not co-operate.

One might be doing something (eg. bought a ticket to watch opera), but he never ever meant to do so (eg. he don’t actually wants to watch opera). However, he says that he loves the thing as a whole (eg. he likes the opera setting and maybe the songs or sound system). And at the end of the day he tried to do it but yet he isn’t so into it (eg. tried to sit in the theatre throughout the show but he still don’t like opera).

Pointing at the above example given, isn’t it confusing? Why would somebody do that to make their own life miserable? If from the very beginning, he bought the ticket himself without any duress or threat by others, is he trying to watch opera or he wanted to watch opera? The only explanation should be that he wanted to watch opera, but that particular performance was not what he is expecting. He might keep watching opera, but he may be still waiting for a good performance.

The performers are the great pretenders. Spiced up others day while have to bury their own sorrows. However, they are not a bunch of loser, having able to look at life as a play, they becomes the winner. A chapter begins, its mostly introductory. Followed by chapters which is filled with laughter and tears. Chapter ends, this is when you may judge whether it is a good play or not. I would be a performer in my life. I played the role as a girl, daughter, sister, friend, girlfriend, wife etc.. I can play it all well. Because I am a good pretender, who can be absorbed to every role given to me. So whatever the ending is, I would deserve the cheers from my audiences. Then I begin another play.

The saddest person is the audience, especially those who tried to watch the opera but was reluctant to feel the story. Well, perhaps they did not choose the suitable play. Perhaps… Or the people who loves opera, but was unable to afford the ticket? So they work hard try to save enough for the ticket, yet the think they don’t like the play, or the actually don’t like opera at all? As complicated as it is, there is no explanation, but only more questions.

if given a chance, will you wanted to be the audience who was not sure of his taste of play or the performer who are the pretender but happy and know his part well? I would choose the latter, because my play is a play itself. And God will be the director.

Complicated as a script that is written by Him, I would only read it as it is. I will only feel the words when I am performing. That is the duty given. That is the reason I am here. That is the reason I am the survivor, and so I am the winner and best performer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wrote a poem about being a performer, and how meaningless life can be at times =D Enjoy.

Final Dance


I want to dance my life away,
Enchanted in my own embrace,
On this stage, behind the curtains,
Hidden, closed, seconds counting.

I want to dance my life away,
Alone and unknown,
Close my eyes and dream of dreams,
Cry out and yet no one will know.

I want to dance my life away,
Music playing, its just the tune,
Without meaning, without the dancer,
To its rhythm I will follow.

I want to dance my life away,
The further it goes,
The wider the stage,
Everything's a fake.

I want to dance my life away,
Curtains now raised,
Spectators ready,
To watch this final dance end.

I want to dance my life away,
Their expectations I cannot meet,
Not worthy, not real,
In tears then, this dance will flow.

I want to dance my life away,
Times where I fall, badly, painfully,
Is it lack of practice?
I stood up still.

I want to dance my life away,
I'm still here, immobile,
Stationary,
This marked spot where I am.

I want to dance my life away,
Now staring at this immobility,
Panic flows through these lifeless veins,
Its not me they're looking at.

I want to dance my life away,
Spin round and round,
In never ending circles,
Drown myself in confusion.

I want to dance my life away,
When will I stop, I'll never know,
Perhaps one day, I'll drop dead,
Not notice that no one's there to watch.

I want to dance my life away,
I want more, its not what I get!
With all summed up energy,
I will dance till my last breath.

I want to dance my life away,
The show's over, now go away,
Nothing left to watch,
I'm just an old used up dancer.

I want to dance my life away,
Not sort of any ballerina,
Never will impress,
Me, this dancing two feet human.

I want to dance my life away,
Till He takes me away,
And puts me to hell,
For disgrace I've brought to His name.

I want to dance my life away,
Now's just an empty colloseum,
The music fades, and repeats,
I will begin my final dance, again.

Copyrights reserved

Jian said...

thanks jo=) anyway thanks for ur poem(although is a bit too long=P) haha...so how bout ur new course there and when is ur new sem start?

Jian said...

thanks jo=) anyway thanks for ur poem(although is a bit too long=P) haha...so how bout ur new course there and when is ur new sem start?

Anonymous said...

Very useful yongjian, I can use what you've got here on Complicity of Human Nature as well as your other stuff for the research we're doing for What is important. Cheers, Anny.